Running For Your Life
The 4th Annual National Trails Day 5K race at High Bridge Trail takes place
in Downtown Farmville.
High Bridge Trail State Park has hosted a 5K Race on National Trails Day in Downtown Farmville since 2011. This year the Run for You Life race will be held on Saturday, June 7, 2014 at the town’s Main Street Plaza.
Here are the top five reasons you should Run for Your Life:
1) Exercise. Studies have shown that vigorous exercise produces health benefits. Cardio exercise such as running increases the ability of your heart to pump stronger and for your muscles to use oxygen more efficiently.
2) Ease. For beginners, a 5K race is a great way to start running. Training for a 5K race requires less time than a half marathon or full marathon; on average three days a week. Also the race takes less than an hour to run so you have the rest of your Saturday to spend with family and friends.
3) Family. The Run for You Life race is a great event for the entire family. There are race categories for all ages. Categories are: 10 and under, 11-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and over.
4) Affordable. Registration before May 23rd is $20 and starting May 24th the fee is just $25.
5) Prizes. The top overall male and female finishers will each receive a free weekend cabin stay in a Virginia State Park of their choice.
The event is a family event and there are running categories for all ages.
The park is a rail to trail conversion and is a wide, level surface with virtually no grade. The race will begin at 8 a.m. and will follow an out and back course. Timing and scoring of the race will be done by Riverside Runners of Lynchburg. For more information click here and to register click here!
The race start and finish line are at the park's entrance at Downtown Farmville's
Main Street Plaza.
This event is made possible by partners Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park, Southside Virginia Family YMCA and Centra Southside Community Hospital. Proceeds from the race will benefit the Friends group to help support park projects and programs.