These are my Top 10 Reasons to Stay at a Virginia State Park, please feel free to share your own with us on the Virginia State Parks Facebook page here.
"Tolson Road" at Caledon Natural Area. While photographing at the park I met an employee by the name of James Tolson, who was very helpful. Shared a lot of information about the park so I named this image in honor of him. KSU
Kayaking tour of Pigeon Run Creek - Lake Anna State Park
Family time at Hungry Mother State Park
TOP 10 REASONS TO STAY AT A VIRGINIA STATE PARK:
1. Stuff to do, i.e. canoeing, swimming, biking, hiking, and exploring! Getting outside equates to healthier living, being active, and breathing fresh air.
2. Kids Love it! Family time in bulk is a win win for everyone. Play catch with the kids, sit around the campfire and tell ghost stories after dark, make jiffy pop over the crackling fire!
3. Think Green! Instead of concrete jungle vacations, crowded boardwalks, vehicle noise and exhaust, you have the mountain streams, and eagles soaring over the trees, owls hooting and chipmunks chirping. Most importantly you have the room to explore!
4. Experience something different. Each and every visit will be unique and there will be something new.
5. Meet the stars! When was the last time you were able to stare at the sky from your arm chair and just gaze up at shooting stars?
6. Strengthen your own economy, i.e. great savings compared to theme parks or fly and stay vacations. Camping and visiting your state parks is the most affordable vacation you can take!
7. Reconnect with nature (TV's off, bird songs on!) Go on nature walks with the kids, sit outside and listen to the birds chirping while you read a book, with a gentle breeze swaying the pine trees.
8. Pet Friendly, this means Fido doesn't have to stay in a kennel. He is part of the family and can enjoy the vacation with everyone.
9. Food tastes better at a state park. Go on and admit it, that bacon and eggs on a Coleman cook stove is perhaps the best food on the planet, potatoes wrapped in foil baking in the campfire. Heck even hot dogs roasted black on a stick over the open flames are heavenly!
10. Strengthen the local economy. Create more jobs, here in the USA.