A birder's paradise located on the Eastern Shore of Virginia is Kiptopeke State Park
Visit the high country at Grayson Highlands State Park
Picnic with the magnificent views at Sky Meadows State Park
Click on each link below to discover more about each park on my top ten list!
1. GO BIRDING (Kiptopeke State Park)
Kiptopeke Birding Areas - Since 1963, Kiptopeke has been the site of bird population studies. Sponsored by the Coastal Virginia Wildlife Observatory and licensed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, volunteers capture, examine, weigh, band and release resident and migratory birds each year from mid-August through November. In the raptor research area, hawks, kestrels, osprey and other birds of prey are observed and banded from September through November. Kiptopeke’s hawk observatory is among the top 15 nationwide. Kiptopeke State Parks offers the chance to explore a unique coastal habitat featuring a major flyway for migratory birds.
3. GO HIGH COUNTRY (Grayson Highlands State Park)
4. GO FOSSIL HUNTING (Chippokes Plantation State Park)
5. GO MOUNTAIN BIKING (Douthat State Park)
6. GO DOLPHIN SPOTTING (First Landing State Park)
7. GO PADDLING (York River State Park)
8. GO FISHING (Smith Mountain Lake State Park)
9. GO TO AN OUTDOOR CONCERT (Pocahontas State Park)
10. GO ON A PICNIC (Sky Meadows State Park)
Learn more about all 35 Virginia State Parks here.
VIRGINIA STATE PARKS IS ALL ABOUT
FAMILY - FRIENDS - FUN